Reach your supporters and build your community.
What makes an engaging website? How many social networks do you really need to be on? Are flyers and posters a thing of the past? And why do you even need to market your organisation in the first place?
With Communications for Volunteers, you’ll discover the answers to these questions and more. Dr Louise Merrington provides simple, low-cost ways for community groups to improve their communications and reach their target audiences. In this book you’ll find:
- A step-by-step guide to developing a communications strategy
- An introduction to design and multimedia – websites, photography, graphics and more
- Easy tips for improving your writing and media skills
- A breakdown of all the major social media platforms, their advantages and disadvantages
- An overview of email lists and other useful tools such as surveys, petitions and crowdfunding
- Advice on when to seek professional assistance
Filled with real-life case studies from community groups, comprehensive templates and flowcharts, and practical hands-on guidance, Communications for Volunteers gives you the skills you need to approach communications and marketing with confidence.